Paso Nogal Park (with Dog Park)
Welcome to Paso Nogal Park
This beautiful park is designated as an open space and offers a fenced-in dog exercise park area (2.5 acres), small picnic areas, and approximately 63 acres of scenic hiking trails.
There are 8 entrances to Paso Nogal Park and open space. The main entrance is located on Paso Nogal Road. Others are Kiki Road, Boies Drive, Gail Drive, Odin Drive, Morello Avenue, and Paso Nogal Court.
The park and open space area is generally bounded by Taylor Boulevard to the south, Morello Avenue to the East, and Paso Nogal Road to the North.
DOG LEASH POLICY
Dogs must be on a leash AT ALL TIMES when outside of the fenced-in off-leash dog park area. This policy includes open space hiking trails. Please respect others on the trails who may or may not like a friendly (or not-so-friendly) greeting from your canine company. Our open spaces for everyone to enjoy. Again, please keep your dog on a leash at all times.
To report uncooperative dogs or dog owners, please report the incident to Contra Costa Animal Services at (925) 608-8400.
Paso Nogal Dog Park
Dog Park Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Dawn to Dusk*
Saturday: 9:00 a.m.- dusk
*The dog park is closed on Wednesdays for maintenance until 3:00 pm (or until maintenance work is completed). Open space trails remain open.
Rules for Paso Nogal Off-Leash Dog Exercise Area
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old, up to date with current vaccinations, and free of contagious conditions.
- Dogs must display current registration tags on their collar.
- Owner/handlers are required to clean up after their dogs. Doggie bags are provided through membership donations (PH DOG).
- All owners/handlers using the area must carry a leash for each of their dogs.
- Owners/handlers must prevent their dogs from digging as it damages the turf and creates a hazard for other users.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- The number of dogs per owner/handler is limited to no more than 4.
- There are two fenced-in Off-Leash Exercise Areas for dogs: one for dogs under 25 lbs and the other for larger dogs.
RAINY DAY NOTICE:
The dog park will CLOSE due to wet/muddy conditions and remain closed for approximately 3 days following to allow the areas to dry out. Just remember: If fields are muddy, it's too wet for your canine buddy! Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Stay In the Loop! Instead of calling our District Office, please sign up for email/text alerts below for notifications to determine dog park status. Email/Text alerts will keep you updated should park status change. The dog park status will also be updated on this page.
GET DOG PARK STATUS UPDATES VIA EMAIL/TEXT ALERTS:
Scroll to ALERTS and find "Dog Park Updates". Click on email or text alert preference, select icons on the right. The system will verify your email or phone number via a text message.