Come join the pool party! Aqua Zumba integrates the exotic rhythms of Zumba with water fitness to create a fun and exciting water workout!
Stay fit, work on your stroke technique, improve your endurance, rejuvenate and energize your mind/body while you swim your way to a healthier life!
The ultimate in low-impact aerobics for men and women! Classes offer all the benefits of land aerobics while cushioning the body from impact and providing resistance during all exercise.
- There are no alerts at this time.
Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park (Pool) Update
September 24, 2020
Water Aerobics and Lap Swim will resume in a limited capacity starting September 14. Additional Water Aerobics classes and Aqua Zumba will resume starting October 5.
Please read the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to understand all the health and safety procedures we have implemented for participants and staff. All the information in the SOP is important, but we have highlighted some of the information here:
- Class sizes are limited based on the current Health Order.
- Participants must preregister for a class/reservation online prior to arriving at the pool facility. No drop-ins will be taken.
- All transactions will be paperless. Payment must be made at the time of registration in order to reserve your space. We cannot accept payment at the pool. Waiver must be signed electronically before you arrive for your reservation.
- If you have unused punches on a punch card, please return it to the District Office to receive a credit on account.
- Restrooms are for emergency use only. There will be no showers or changing rooms available. Please arrive prepared to swim. There is NO Deck Changing.
- Please self-check prior to arriving to the pool. If you are sick, not feeling well, experiencing any COVID related symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has confirmed COVID or traveled outside of the area, DO NOT attend your class/reservation.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and are excited to see you back at the pool! As the County updates the health order, we will re-evaluate our ability to offer additional programs and to expand class sizes.
If you would like to be notified of water fitness updates, please add your name to our interest list here. We hope to see you at the pool soon!
Air Quality Index
- The fall is more prone to poor air quality due to California’s wildfire season. The District monitors the Air Quality Index (AQI) on the site www.airnow.gov.
- When AQI is ORANGE (101-149, Unhealthy for sensitive groups), programs will be held, but participants with increased health risks should consider reducing their exposure by choosing less strenuous outdoor activities or shortening the time they are active outside.
- When the AQI is RED (150 or higher, Unhealthy), the pool will be closed and all programs canceled. The District will issue refunds/credits for classes canceled due to the Air Quality.
- To be notified of pool closures, please sign up for the Alert Center on our website.
To sign up for the Alert Center:
- Go to https://pleasanthillrec.com/list.aspx
- Enter your email address and click “sign in”.
- The page will re-fresh and you can scroll down the page, clicking on the icons you would like to subscribe to.
- The first set of alerts on the page are the Alert Center, and you can select email and/or text alerts (see below for text instructions) for all of the options on the page.
- You have to confirm your email address before you will receive any notifications.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list so that notifications are not blocked by your spam filter.
For Text Alerts (message/data rates apply):
- After you enter your email address and click “sign-in”, check the box next to “I would like to be able to receive text messages on my mobile phone”.
- Enter your phone number in the box and click “Save”.
- After selecting the alerts you would like to receive via text message, you will receive a text message with a confirmation code.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your phone number and SMS subscription.
- After you send the confirmation code, you will receive a confirmation text with the lists you have subscribed to.