COVID-19 Coronavirus FAQ
June 16, 2021 - Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District is taking a careful and thoughtful approach to opening up our facilities and programs as California moves beyond the blueprint and eliminates the code tier system for counties. For information on the most current County public health guidelines, visit https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/
We appreciate your patience as we navigate the re-opening process with the health and safety of all participants and staff, top of mind. Please review the following District-specific information related to face coverings and other current COVID-19 protocols at this time:
As of June 15, 2021, the State of California has adopted new masking requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. The Pleasant Hill Recreation and Park District is adopting the State’s mask requirements and will post signage at all entrances to buildings. Please note that requirements may vary based on facility use (e.g. childcare, youth programs).
Vaccinated individuals must wear a mask in the following settings in District facilities and programs:
- Indoors in youth programs, such as camps, sports, childcare, teen programs
- On public transportation or on a bus for field trips such as senior day trips and youth/teen camp trips
- Cooling Centers
Unvaccinated individuals must wear a mask in the following settings in District facilities and programs:
- Inside all buildings
- Crowded outdoor settings where social distance cannot be maintained
- Employees working around youth/teens are required to wear masks
- Unvaccinated employees, instructors, and volunteers are required to wear masks indoors
- Youth do not need to wear a mask outdoors (e.g. park playgrounds)
- Following individuals are exempt from wearing masks at all times:
Persons younger than 2 years old
Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing.
Persons who are hearing impaired or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
In addition to the above, we will no longer require temperature checks for participants entering the facility.
Any member of the public who enters any District facility without a face covering is verifying that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated and symptom-free.
If you have a question, please reach out to our customer service team at (925) 682-0896 or email us
We appreciate your patience, cooperation, and ongoing support.