Advance Health Care Directives Workshop
Non-Profit Contra Costa Senior Legal Services and CSAA Insurance Group's Legal Division are providing a new free legal clinic to prepare Advance Health Care Directives for seniors aged 60 and older. Appointments held four times a year. Appointments are required, call front desk to schedule.
- 2019 dates: July 9 and Oct. 15, call for appointment
- Time: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Dining Room
Blood Pressure Screening
Drop-in only, no appointment required
- 2nd Wednesday
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to Noon
Care Management Program
Provides resources and services to help seniors remain living independently, safely and with dignity for as long as possible. This program partially funded by a Contra Costa County Community Block Grant.
- Care Manager: Dana Krider
- Hours and Days vary, call for an appointment: 798-8788 ext. 640
C.C. Cafe - Senior Nutrition Program
Reservations required the business day before by Noon. Call 925-771-7641 for reservations. Click on the Care Menu link to right for current menu. Do not need to live in Pleasant Hill or be a member of the Senior Club to join us.
- Day: Monday through Friday
- Time: Noon
- Suggested donation: $3 if over 60, if under 60, $5.
- Location: Dining Room
A minimal donation of 50 cents per day is requested for coffee. The Senior Club generously supports the coffee stations but requests contributions to enable continuation of this service as coffee, cups, sugar, etc. costs continue to rise. Thank you.
Consult an Attorney Program
Free general advisory and self-help services. No wills, trusts or Estate Planning help. Appointments required.
- Day: 1st Tuesday
- Time: 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Conference Room - check in at the front desk
Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program
Free, objective counseling and advocacy services to Medicare beneficiaries and their families who need assistance with Medicare enrollment and with issues involving Medicare and associated insurance programs, including prescription drug coverage. Appointment Required. For scheduling call 925-602-4168. For information call 925-602-4163.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday
- Time: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Location: Conference Room (check in at the front desk)
Help for Mac, iPad and iPhone users. Bring your questions and your equipment!
- Facilitator: Rick Calicura, Diablo Valley Macintosh User Group
- Note: We are on break for summer and back in October
- Schedule when in session: 2nd & 4th Thursday; 10am-12pm
- MAC Users Group Discussion
- Facilitator: Donald Turner
- Day: 1st and 3rd Thursdays
- Time: 10:30 a.m. Noon
Drop in only, no appointment required. Provided in partnership with Senior Helpers.
- 2nd Thursday
- Time: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Conference Room
Drop-in only, no appointment required.
- 2nd & 4th Thursday
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30am
- Provided by Florence Moy
- Location: Conference Room
Open Computer Lab - Members Only
Open to Senior Center members only. PC's running Windows 7 and one with Windows 8, plus four new Mac's! Small fee for printing services. Our facilitators are there to help! Please visit the open lab and get your basic questions answered by our great team. Computer availability is first come, first serve. Facilitators varies.
- Monday: 9am - 12pm
- Tuesday: 12pm - 3pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 11:45am
- Friday: 12pm - 3pm
The following services are not affiliated with or provided through Senior Center. If you have questions regarding their services please call the numbers listed:
- County Link: 925-680-2045
- Pleasant Hill Senior Van: 925-671-5272 Door to door service, for just $1.50 each way, is available to Pleasant Hill residents aged 55 and older. This wonderful service will take residents anywhere within city limits, and to some medical facilities in neighboring communities. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. - noon and 1 to 4 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. - noon.
Video Library - Members Only! Great Movies
Members may check out to 5 videos at a time. Over 1000 movies! We welcome DVD donations only.
- Monday - Friday 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Location: Library/Lounge Area
- Video returns should be dropped off at the front desk if check out area is closed.
- See a full list of videos available to check out (PDF)