We're Here For You!
The Pleasant Hill Senior Center will re-open in a thoughtful, phased approach with limited hours, out of an abundance of caution for both visitors and staff. While you may not see your favorite class or activity up and running yet, please give us time to re-establish activity schedules and coordinate with activity leads. We appreciate your patience.
Effective August 1st, the hours of in-person operation and available activities are as follows:
Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Senior Center staff will be available by phone or email, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00 pm. Call (925) 798-8788 or email staff. See emails below:
Nicole Watson, Recreation Superintendent & Interim Senior Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Frates, Senior Program Supervisor
Cassie Eternal, Nutrition Manager, Senior Travel & Recreation Coordinator email@example.com
Karen McKimmy, Senior Center Administrator
Dana Busch, Senior Care Manager
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Safety Precautions
All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear face coverings inside the building at all times per the Contra Costa Health Services Health Order. Mask must be worn over both nose and mouth.
Effective September 22, 2021, all participants 12 years and older must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination per Contra Costa Health Services health order in the following indoor programs:
• Café Costa at Pleasant Hill Senior Center
• Exercise classes
• Dance classes
• Indoor sports ( i.e. basketball, volleyball, badminton)
• Rentals that serve food or drink
Participants can show proof of vaccination by showing a photo ID and one of the following items:
- Your CDC vaccination record card or a copy or photo of your card
- Your digital vaccine record issued by the State of California
- Documentation from your healthcare provider stating you’re fully vaccinated
People who are not vaccinated must show a negative COVID-19 test result received in the past three days. The results must be from a nucleic acid (PCR) or antigen test that detects a COVID-19 infection. These tests are available through your healthcare provider, county-run sites, and state-run sites. A letter from your healthcare provider stating the result of your COVID-19 test and the date the test was performed can also be used as proof. Results from at-home COVID-19 tests are not acceptable documentation and cannot be used for this purpose. To find the nearest vaccination site, visit: https://www.coronavirus.cchealth.org/get-vaccinate
Thank you for your cooperation.
Need assistance or have questions about where to find local services?
Visit our NEW COVID-19 Senior Resource Center here or tap on the image above.
Want to donate to keep our programs going? Please consider making a donation by clicking here!
2022 Senior Center Memberships now available!
Membership renewal for 2022 can be done by calling the front desk Monday-Friday between 9:00 am-3:00pm or Sign up for 2022 Membership Online!
Scholarship Program for Senior Club Members
Open to all current members who may need financial assistance in order to attend Senior Center events, classes or trips. Download an application and instructions to apply (PDF).
Getting on the E-Sounds Mailing List
- Current members can receive the e-sounds by calling the front desk and requesting to receive the Senior Sounds by email. Non-members can receive the electronic version of the newsletter by downloading it from the website (the newsletter link is under the Quick Links).
- Signing up means you will no longer receive a hard copy of the Sounds in the mail but you can always print it out at home if you would like. Thank you for helping us become more green!