Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park (Pool) Update (3/12/2021)
GREAT NEWS! Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park re-opened for programs in March! Registration for swim lessons, aquatic camps, Dolfins Swim Team and water fitness classes are now open. Public swim will begin on Saturday, June 5. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me or our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-682-0896.
Aquatics Services Manager
Swim Lessons Save Lives
According to the CDC, participation in formal swimming lessons can reduce the risk of drowning, the second leading cause of accidental death among children age 1 - 4 years. Pleasant Hill Recreation & Park District offers a wide variety of swim lessons from 6 months to adults. Sign up today! See Spring/Summer 2021 Swim Lesson Schedules below.
When registering, find the activity number of your desired session in the schedules below and insert that number into the search box of the online catalog for quick access.
Swim Lesson Schedule
Schedule Planning Tip
Please plan your schedule carefully. There are no make-ups or refunds for missed classes.
Please speak to the lesson manager at the first session if you have any special requests or information regarding your child’s swim lessons. Lesson managers supervise lessons on the pool deck; they will assist with any of your concerns.
Swim Lesson Questions?
Contact the District Office at 925-682-0896.
Age / Ability Levels
Parent / Tot: 6 months - 4 years
Parent and child participate together and receive instruction in water adjustment, swim readiness skills, and water safety. Swim attire: tight-fitting “swim pants” and swimsuit. No disposable or cloth diapers.
Tiny Tot: 3 - 4 years
Child must be ready to learn without parent participation. Skills: water adjustment, elementary aquatic skills and water safety. Ratio 3:1
Tiny Swimmers: 2.5 - 4 years
Child must be comfortable in the water and able to take at least one breath on their own. Skills: Elementary aquatic skills, stroke development and water safety. Ratio 2:1
Pre-School: 4 - 6 years
Child must be ready to learn without parent participation. Skills: water adjustment, elementary aquatic skills, stroke development and water safety. Abilities may vary. Ratio 4:1
Youth: 6 - 12 years
Students will learn a variety of strokes, personal safety skills and diving techniques. Beginning students will learn elementary aquatic skills and water adjustment. More advanced students will refine their skills and learn how to incorporate swimming into a lifelong fitness program. Ratio 4:1
Adult/Teen: 12+ years
New strokes and techniques for stroke improvement will be taught. Skills: floating, kicking, crawl stroke, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, diving, and turns. Ratio 5:1
Private: 3.5 years - Adult
One-on-one instruction for all ability levels.
ATTENTION SHUTTER BUGS! PLEASE NO PHOTO TAKING WHILE CHILDREN ARE IN THE POOL
While we are just as excited about your child learning to swim as you are, our lifeguards need a clear view of the pool from all sides and clear poolside access at all times. In the interest of your child’s safety and to preserve the privacy of other families, please save your photos shoots for before or after swim lessons and stay at least 6 feet from pool edge unless otherwise allowed by the onsite Swim Lesson Manager. Thank you for your understanding!
SWIM LESSON SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To help keep you and your family safe while in, on, and around PH Aquatic Park, we want to take this opportunity to share our COVID safety procedures:
- Upon arrival, please check-in at the pool office. Only one household is allowed in the pool lobby at a time. Please form a socially distanced line outside the pool doors if the lobby is occupied.
- Please maintain your distance from others while waiting outside to check-in and while on the pool deck.
- Only registered swimmers are allowed into the facility. For swimmers under 18 years, one parent will be allowed to accompany the registrant into the facility.
- A health screening will be conducted on the swimmer and parent prior to entry into the facility. This will include a few simple questions regarding symptoms, followed by a contactless temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed into the facility.
- Everyone will be asked to wash hands with hand sanitizer.
- Everyone must wear a face covering while waiting to enter the facility, while in the facility, and on the pool deck. Face covering may be removed by the swimmer just before entering the pool and must be applied upon exiting the pool.
- To aid with communication during swim lessons, instructors will wear a face shield in lieu of a mask while in the water.
- While on the pool deck, please always maintain a distance of 6 feet or greater from those outside your household. To minimize the number of people on the pool deck we encourage families with non-registered children to enjoy the park just outside the facility during your swimmer’s lesson.
- Showers and changing rooms will not be available. Please arrive prepared to swim and with any necessary equipment such as a swim cap and goggles.
- Bathrooms will be available for emergency use only.
- Pool furniture will not be available for parents. Please bring your own chair.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding of these important safety protocols. The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority!