The summer session begins on July 18 at the Rogers Smith courts. For any interested new players please call 925-229-4098 or email Carol Henry.
- Members: $25
- Nonmember: $30
Explorers - Hiking Group
If you like to hike the hills of Mt. Diablo to the hills of San Francisco, join the Explorers for our 5 to 8 mile Thursday hikes. Pleasant Hill Senior Center membership required. For more information and to be added to the Explorers email, please contact the coordinator, Susan Miller at 925-691-6873. She can also explain the difficulty of the hikes.
Types of Hikes
- Easy: Generally flat trails with a smooth surface and some gentle slopes or shallow steps.
- Moderate: Hikes have climbs and/or stairs and may have uneven surfaces where the going is rough underfoot with some obstacles such as protruding roots, rocks, etc.
- Difficult: Hikes are physically demanding and typically are longer in distance. There may be some sections with steep climbs and/or many stairs. There may be narrow trails, and the going underfoot can be extremely rough, there may be rocks and other objects on the trail.
July Hiking Schedule
- July 6: Point Richmond
Lunch: Hotel Mac
- July 13: Tilden Park - Selby Trail
Lunch: Sack Lunch
- July 20: San Francisco - St. Francis Woods
Lunch: Squat and Gobble
- July 27: San Francisco - Mt. Davidson
Pathfinders - Walking Group
Join the walking group for a brisk walk of 3 to 4 miles on level ground. Attendees should bring water. The Pathfinders coordinator is Jim Quigg and he can be contacted by phone at 925-689-2314. Pathfinders will meet in the Library/Lounge at the Senior Center on Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.
July Walking Schedule
- July 4: No Walk
- July 11: Willows South
- July 18: Canal Walk North
- July 25: Larkey Park East
Location: Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park
147 Gregory Lane
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Punch Card: $50 (8 classes); Drop-in $8
Tuesday and Thursday Morning
- Time: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Time: 7:20 to 8:20 a.m.
- Time: 7 to 8 p.m.